Sunday, April 19, 2009

New England Metal and Hardcore Festival



This was my favorite show of the tour. Not because of the 30+ metal and hardcore bands that played this day but because The Grateful Dead (or the Dead is what they call themselves now) were playing next door. This ended up creating on of the weirdest parking lots in the history of music! Confused Lamb of God fans and hardcore kids mingling with stoned out of their mind "deadheads".
In tribute of this special occasion the Waste decided to dress for the event and wore our finest tye dyes and ponchos. I think we confused our audience pretty good...especially when we made everyone hug eachother after one of our songs.
Peace man!

3 comments:

Metal Marauders said...

You guys put on the best performance of anyone at the Metalfest. Seriously. My girlfriend and I thought the Dead costumes were possibly the funniest thing we have ever seen at a metal show. Totally inspired and brilliant.

Unknown said...

My boyfriend and I have been to 5 NEMH's and you are correct, this was by far the weirdest parking lot mix of people ever. The funniest thing was seeing the hippies come around the corner onto Main Street and walking smack dab into metal fest. They were grabbing onto each other like they just crossed into hell. Heh heh.
You guys kicked our asses and put on a great show! We wound up with your "Doses" sign.
Did you ever find your dog?
Stay Sic!

Metal Marauders said...

I just found out I'm gonna have the chance to see you guys again in Minnesota next Thursday. I will definitely try to say hi if I run into you, man!